I was dropped off the face of the earth? I guess? Who knew that being without the internet could be so terrible? Not just for the fun stuff, but the every day stuff that I do? Check the bank account, pay bills? Honestly, the last four weeks without the internet have felt very long. What did we do without it?
Well, we are moved into our house. So much fun. We are really liking it. This month was definitely a busy one. We moved in on the first, and we had the long labor day weekend to get everything at least put in the room we wanted it. I won't lie, I have one room downstairs that is still hairy, but I figure if I haven't had to scour it looking for something, it must be things that can wait. But I will get to it. My mom was the biggest lifesaver today and came all the way up here just to watch Ella so I can something done. It was wonderful. I didn't get everything done, but enough to make me feel not quite so unorganized. It would have been done a long time ago-but one of my favorite things about this house got in the way...
Between all the batches that me, my mother, and sister did, we got over 100, yes 100 quarts of peaches and 21 pints of pears. We didn't pick them soon enough, so we lost a few. So, that has kept us busy. And those got finished up just in time to do the grapes! Which I will be juicing. Hopefully they turn out as good as I imagaine them to be.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
I feel like...
Posted by Phil, Marilee & Ella at 10:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you go girl!!! I just canned grapes a week ago!! I am happy to hear you got all moved in your new abode!!!
I love peaches! Karlee is way excited to come play with Ella! OH and your house is really cute! Tell Phil you need a goat to eat your lawn :)
Post a Comment