CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sleepless in Salt Lake

So-our beautiful little girl loves her binky. I am losing sleep over this-not because I worry about it-but because every time she spits it out, she'll wake up and doesn't stop fussing until she gets it. I feel like I was up half the night last night. I would love to just rid of the thing, but how do I do this without being the wicked mother? She doesn't have a favorite blanket or woobie. She has a thing for skin. As long as she has a finger or arm to hold onto, she is happy. If I take it away, will she find another thing to love? I like that she is comforted by people and not things and I feel like the binky is becoming more of a habit than really a comfort. Any advice?

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Hey there is a book called ScreamFree Parenting by Hal Runkel. It's suppose to be helpful on issues like this. He has a website called www.screamfree.com and I have noticed at the Children's Center where I volunteer that when they use some of his techniques, the kids behavior totally changes. Maybe you could see if the library has a copy of it.

Liz said...

Unfortunately, Peter was the Exact same way. But we were in an apartment that technically we weren't supposed to have kids in so used the binky to keep him calm. Also, when we moved to my parents house I was worried about him waking everyone up. I should have been more disciplined about it because once I had my 2nd one, I did what they told me to FINALLY and let Ryan cry it out if the plug fell out. It is hard, believe me but so worth it. good luck!!!