Last night, I flopped down on the bed while Phil rummaged through our drawers, looking for his comfy evening clothes, and I thought to myself: "Not one month ago, I had the house so clean that all I had to do in the morning was shower, take the clothes to the laundry room, and clean up breakfast, make the beds and I was done." That, as you can guess, was no longer the case. I think last week, I was in denial. I would wake up, shower, get the girls ready and leave the house, usually going to my mom's house. Bless her for letting me lounge at her house for most of the week. Last week, my routine was more like, get up, maybe shower, tub the girls, get them all cute and leave myself looking homeless.
Perhaps the groove is returning, and I think I've figured out what helps it along: A mostly clean house! After Phil found what he was looking for last night, I told him all I needed to fix some of our dilemma was two hands and two hours. So, he took Ella downstairs and I laid Nora down for her nap, and I went to work. The kitchen was the first item on my hit list. That alone made me feel much better. And then on to the bedrooms, which were equally as messy as the kitchen.
So today, I woke up and I could see the clean countertop in my kitchen, and it made me happy. So today, I was showered and hair done, girls are dressed, and my kitchen is still clean.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Today is...better
Posted by Phil, Marilee & Ella at 1:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Amazing what having a clean house can do to you ;) Glad you had a better day, it really is more stressful with two kids! You sound like you're doing so awesome though, as always ;)
It's Official; I found your blog through Sharlie's and have stalked you!
Come visit our blog anytime! Can't wait for the family reunion this summer, hope to see you guys there!
- Lisa
www.jonesboysranches.blogspot.com
That picture of Ella is so cute! You've captured how we all feel sometimes. :)
Post a Comment