CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 27, 2011

Oh Wait, I didn't tell you that Either?





We got chickens too. Another clarification, we are not trying to be farm people. This was my idea. We also have neighbors with these too. Sounded interesting, so Hil and I decided to go in on some chickens. They're only two bucks each! What a bargain for eggs every day for the two or so years that they lay. Well, I thought so. Phil probably still thinks I'm nuts. Rightly so I guess. I don't want normal pets. No dogs, cats, hamsters, not even fish. But I'll handle chickens. I know, I know. Crazy. But at least they give you something back, right? And they really are quite cheap to maintain once you have their house up. Oh, and they STINK! They didn't stay in the house long once it stopped raining. They are now outside, where they belong. And they are not nearly as cute as they are in the pictures here. These were taken one morning when I got out of the shower and Ella was nowhere to be found. Well, I found her with the chickens. She had put on her gloves and her apron and was holding her chicken, Beast, gently in her lap. Their names are: Nacho, Ignasio, Beast, Belle, Sally Dude Bag, JoJo, Deangelo, and Rhino. They were named by the kids, minus just one or two. Ella is quite fond of them, but they don't let her hold them anymore. They have sharp talons.

1 comments:

Mandy said...

Yeah wait until summer, they really stink when it gets hot. My mom's neighbors have them and you can smell them in their house ha ha